04 January 2012

Boxes

Everything that
represents your life,
you daily routine
and special events,
packed up in boxes.
Cardboard and tape hold
your life together,
Somewhat jumbled up.
Eventually
you'll find what you need.

But it's only stuff,
even if it is
sentimental stuff.
Enjoy the people
moving stuff with you.



I know I've been gone for a while, but life got a bit busy. We moved on Yule this year. It made the whole holiday season quite odd. I didn't cook anything; traditionally I make rum cakes and divinity as well as helping out with a gingerbread house. My dad is quite talented at gingerbread house construction. Decorations were limited to a wreath on the front door and few holiday-themed rubber duckies. All presents were handmade by me, which I loved doing, but that meant no shopping in any of the decorated stores. We were busy preparing to move and then getting ourselves there. There are quite a few boxes left, but there is a sense of normalcy forming. In any case, I'm happy to be back writing and posting. Hope everyone had lovely holidays and best wishes for getting your new year started out well.

2 comments:

  1. My whole life is still in the boxes I packed when I moved here four years ago. I go through them and pull out things as needed. I know where all the decorations are for Christmas and Halloween are in the stack, because they're important to me since I have a room in a house where nothing is celebrated and holidays are ignored. Someday everything will once again have a place, and the boxes will be gone. Bless your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the blessings, we're getting settled.

    ReplyDelete