16 August 2011

Death of a Queen

The Vengeful King

"An eye for eye!"
the great king cried.
My queen has died.
Now, how shall I
punish this crime?

None can compare
to my lady fair
whose lustrous hair
fluttered in air.
Who would have dared
to leave her there?
Killers beware
I'll find your lair
and have you snared.
Revenge, I swear.

Killing the guy
who did the crime
will satisfy
my wish to find
justice this time.


The Peaceful King

I know that an eye for an eye,
will only make the whole world blind.
Revenge will not help me to find
relief or any peace of mind.

No one will ever replace
her gentle, sweet, smiling face.
But now I must show some grace
and refuse to become base.

I can show others the way
if I correctly display
how to handle this sad day.
May her soul find peace, I pray.



I felt like writing on both sides of the prompt. Personally, I hope for the second outcome.
Part of Carry on Tuesday #118.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind. - Mahatma Gandhi

6 comments:

  1. Very swift read,indeed,made me heed,the seed of being freed from Hate...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you looked at the prompt from both sides. I like to think that I would choose the second if someone was taken from me. I hope I never have to find out which side I'd truly take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - what a fun comment to read!

    Nara - I agree totally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Great rhyme and I love how you saw it from both sides. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this from both sides ... I too hope I would choose the peaceful side rather than the revengeful one. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. celticsea - Thanks for stopping by! I had fun with the rhyme :-)

    Becca - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete