- "For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn." - Ernest Hemmingway
Many writer's since then have taken the six-word Hemmingway challenge. Here are a few of my favorites:
- "Gown removed carelessly. Head less so." - Joss Whedon
- "It's behind you! Hurry before it" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
- "Please, this is everything, I swear." - Orson Scott Card
Here are a few I've played with over the past week. A few were inspired by other works in culture that I am fond of. Some are funny, some are serious, and some are sad. Some don't have a beginning, middle and end, but are entertaining none the less:
- "CONFIRMD: Time Travel cannot fix typos."
- "Colleagues discovered deadly neurotoxin. Take credit?"
- "Writer for hire: Understands brevity now!"
- "I promise, this investment is different."
- "Write this down: 'Find new secretary'."
- "RUNAWAY DOG: ANSWERS TO "LITTLE SHIT"."
-Mike Roselli is a graduate of the NC State Civil Engineering department. His writings about engineering can be seen on his blog at mikeroselli.net, though he bums his most creative work on other people's webpages.